When was the last time you embarrassed yourself? A new poll found we lie awake thinking about those moments two to three times a month.
People were asked to think of the most awkward situation they’ve been in, and how much they would have paid to avoid it. And the average answer was $6,200. Here are the top ten awkward situations we’d pay someone else to take care of . . .
1. Calling a locksmith after you locked yourself out. 31% would pay for it instead of breaking in, or staying with someone for the night.
2. Repair someone’s fence after backing your car into it, 27%.
3. Assemble IKEA furniture for you after struggling to do it yourself, 25%.
4. Remove a bad tattoo, 24%. I guess the alternative is just deal with it?
5. Fix your kid’s haircutting accident, 20%.
6. Go get your stuff after a break-up, 19%.
7. Steam clean a friend’s carpet after you spilled wine on it, 18%.
8. Adult swimming lessons, 17%.
9. Buying an embarrassing medication or product, 13%.
10. Lessons on emerging technology, like crypto . . . just so you can sound smart when you talk about it. 13% would pay for that.