Graduation is an important milestone in a student’s life that should be celebrated with family and friends. Unfortunately, gathering together for traditional spring commencements this year is unsafe due to the continuing coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. However, Jackson County Public Schools is committed to fulfilling the lifelong dream of our seniors and honoring the class of 2020 with proms and graduation ceremonies after the state of emergency and stay-at-home orders have been lifted.
Each high school and early college has developed an alternate schedule for prom and graduation that is tentative based on state and local guidelines and the status of regulations related to COVID-19. Assuming the events will be permitted, we look forward to seeing our outstanding seniors back together again to celebrate their achievements and wish them the best for the future.
The following information is tentative. Each school will communicate additional details directly to students. Questions should be directed to each school.
Blue Ridge Early College
Phone: (828) 743-2646
- August 5 & 6: Graduation Practice
- August 7: Graduation (6:30 p.m. at BREC)
- Prom & senior celebration will be held between August 6 & August 8 pending location approval.
Jackson Community School
Phone: (828) 586-4328
- August 5: Prom
- August 6: Graduation (5:30 p.m. at SMHS)
Jackson County Early College
Phone: (828) 339-4499
- August 9: Graduation (2:00 p.m. at Myers Auditorium)
- Prom, senior celebration, and graduation practice will be held between August 6 & August 8 pending location approval.
Smoky Mountain High School
Phone: (828) 586-2177
- August 2: Graduation (2:00 p.m. at WCU Ramsey Center or SMHS stadium)
- Prom & graduation practice will be held between July 30 & August 1 pending location approval.